To Purchase the Chaplet of Saint Brigit (Brigittine Crown Chaplet) visit the Saints Chaplet Store
To Read a Little about Saint Brigit, visit Saint Brigit's page under "Get To Know The Saints"
For the Novena to Saint Brigit click HERE
Brigittine Crown Chaplet
(aka Brigittine Rosary, Carmelite Rosary, Six Decade Rosary)
The seven pater beads symbolize the Seven Sorrows of Mary.
The 63 Ave beads symbolize the 63 years of Mary’s life on Earth according to tradition.
The Brigittine Order, also known as the Order of the Most Holy Savior, was founded by Saint Birgitta (Brigit) of Sweden.
The Brigittine Rosary looks very much like the Dominican (5 Decade) Rosary, but there are six decades instead of five.
Praying this Rosary is the same as the Marian Rosary with one difference. In place of the Glory Be, the Apostles Creed is said at the end of each decade.
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. The third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting. Amen.
The Mysteries are as follows:
The Sorrowful Mysteries
(Tuesday & Friday)
1. The agony of Jesus in the Garden
2. Jesus is scourged at the Pillar
3. Jesus is Crowned with Thorns
4. Jesus carries His Cross
5. Jesus is Crucified
6. Jesus body is placed in his Mother’s arms
The Joyful Mysteries
(Monday & Saturday)
1. The Immaculate Conception
2. The Annunciation
3. The Visitation
4. The Nativity
5. The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
6. The Finding of Jesus in the Temple
The Glorious Mysteries
(Wednesday & Sunday)
1. The Resurrection of the Lord
2. The Ascension of the Lord
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
5. The Coronation of Mary–Queen of Heaven
6. In Honor of Mary–Mediatrix of All Grace
The Luminous Mysteries
1. Jesus' Baptism in the Jordan
2. The Wedding Feast at Cana
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration on Mount Tabor
5. The Entry into Jerusalem
6. Institution of the Eucharist (Last Supper)