The Tears of Our Lady
Next to the Most Precious Blood of Jesus there is nothing more touching and effective than the tears of our Heavenly Mother! How many tears she shed on the Way of the Cross and when she stood beneath the Cross! She shed bitter tears in reparation for the many insults her Divine Son then and which He would receive in the future. She wept bitter tears for the many souls who would not submit to the Commandments of God, and so would be lost forever.
In recent centuries, too, she wept tears of sorrow: The account of the apparitions of Our Lady of La Salette on September 19, 1846, is very moving as is also the account of Mary's tears at Syracuse.
There the image of Our Lady wept again and again from a simple terra cotta plaque in the house of a poor worker, from August 29 to September 2, 1953. After a thorough investigation the bishops of Sicily, Italy, confirmed this miracle of tears. Hundreds of thousands came to see it, and Pope Pius XII exclaimed on the radio, "O the tears of Mary!"
The Origin of the Chaplet
This rosary or chaplet was revealed in 1929 and 1930, by Our Lord and His most holy Mother to Sister Amalia in Campina, Brazil, and was confirmed as supernatural by Bishop Campos Baretto.
Our Lords words to Sister Amalia on November 8, 1929 were:
"My daughter, whatever I am asked through the tears of My Mother, I shall give lovingly."
On March 8, 1930 the most Pure Mother stated:
"Through this rosary the devil will be subdued and the power of Hell will be destroyed. Prepare yourself for this great combat." Today the devil has much power because we have forgotten sin and no longer believe that Satan exists.
The Blessed Virgin Mary grants seven graces to the souls who honor her daily by saying seven Hail Marys and meditating on her tears and dolors. The devotion was passed on by Saint Bridget. These are the seven graces:
1. I will grant peace to their families.
2. They will be enlightened about the divine mysteries.
3. I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.
4. I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.
5. I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.
6. I will visibly help them at the moment of their death; they shall see the face of their mother.
7. I have obtained (this grace) from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.
NEXT PAGE - ABOUT THE SACRAMENTS